ARRIVAL INFORMATION | Friday, March 29, 2019
All participants must arrive at the hotel by 5 pm. Shuttle service from Ben Gurion Airport to the hotel will be provided for participants, luggage and bikes until 4 pm on Friday March 29th. We will post the pickup schedule on this page once we have everyone’s arrival times.
DEPARTURE INFORMATION | Thursday, APRIL 4, 2019
Shuttle bus service from ISCD to Ben Gurion Airport will be provided from 5 pm to 7 pm. For those not going to the airport, we will try to arrange a group drop-off depending on location and need.
TRAVEL DETAIL FORM
Check back with us soon to send us your travel information with our Travel Detail Form
Renting a bike is easy! We have chosen a local bike company to provide us with bikes, set up and tear down, and any bike maintenance that you’ll need throughout the trip. They have aluminum frame, road titanium and road carbon frames. Check back with us soon to send us your bike rental request with our Bike Rental Form. Rental prices range from $370-$560 depending on type of bike.
• Accommodations and meals between March 29th and April 4th, 2019
• Transfer from the airport to the hotel on March 29th, and from ISCD to the airport on April 4th
• Special Shabbat dinner
• Special evening activities
• Guided daily rides and/or tours/hiking April 1 through April 4
• 2 ISCD bike jerseys per rider, or 2 ISCD t-shirts for non-riders
• ISCD water bottle
• Afternoon happy hour
• Afternoon optional massage based on availability
RIDER PACKING LISTS
• Helmet: We recommend that you bring your own helmet, but you may rent one from our bike shop
• Biking shoes with cleats or hard-soled sneakers, biking socks
• Biking gloves
• Padded biking shorts and riding jerseys
• Clip on pedals if you use them
• Camelback or something similar
• Swimsuit and towel
• Day pack to leave on the bus, with change of clothes, shoes, socks, hat, camera, swimsuit, towel, etc
TOURING/HIKER PACKING LIST
• Hiking boots or supportive shoes with good traction and ankle support. No flip-flops, open-toed shoes or open-heal shoes.
• Lightweight or breathable long- and short-sleeved shirts (wicking material is recommended)
• Lightweight or breathable pants/shorts (best are pants that zip off and convert to shorts)
• Lightweight or breathable socks (non-cotton)
• Camelback or something similar
• Swimsuit and towel
• Water shoes
• Hat with visor and/or flaps
• Bandana or handkerchief
• Collapsible walking stick
• Hiking pack (for sunscreen, lip balm, cameras, extra hat, and water bottles)
GENERAL PACKING LIST
• Passport: According to US policy, your passport must be valid for at least six months after your return from Israel. If need be, renew it asap. Please scan and e-mail us a copy of the face-page of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, keep a copy of the face-page in your luggage.
• Proof of health insurance
• Cell phone and charger
• Adaptor for “H” type plug: The electricity in Israel is rated at 220V (220V – 240V) 50Hz
• Sun glasses, spare glasses and/or contact lenses and solutions
• Luggage: Travel as light as possible. We will be changing hotels almost daily, so try to bring only one suitcase on wheels per person
• Laptops: Optional
• Casual wardrobe
• Sun screen and lip balm
• Comfortable walking shoes, water shoes, sandals
• Casual shorts, slacks, short and long sleeve shirts, t-shirts, tank tops
• Warm jacket or sweater for cold evenings
• Small powder packets of detergent for washing out clothes
• Quart size Ziploc bags for carrying phone and camera
• Medications (Note that prescriptions written in the US will not be honored in Israel): Any daily medication; Tylenol; Advil etc
• Bug repellent
Please note that ISCD, the bus company, and the hotels in which we are staying will not accept responsibility for theft, loss or damage of any personal items, including your bike if you bring it with you.
•How many years has there been an ISCD Good Wheel Bike Ride?
ISCD has been hosting Good Wheel for 13 years. Join us for our Bar-Mitzvah year!
• Where do the funds go that are raised from the ride?
The Sport Center is a second home to 2500 children & adults with disabilities. The funds raised support our outstanding coaches, therapists, teachers, State-of-the-Art equipment, maintenance of the center, travel, and so much more.
• How much money do I need to raise and what if I don’t raise it all?
Individual participants minimum goal is $3,000 and couples are $4,500. If you don’t reach your goal, AFISCD will invoice you for the difference.
• If I’m not riding, do I still need to register and raise money?
Yes, all participants, riders and non-riders need to register & raise money.
• What does the registration fee cover?
Transfers, hotels, most meals, evening activities, and more.
• Do I have to bring my bike? And if I do, will there be support for me if something goes wrong with it?
You can bring your own bike or rent one in Israel. Our team will provide support either way.
• How good of a rider do I need to be?
We will accommodate all levels of riders. We encourage training & preparation prior to the trip.
• Are there harder and easier routes? And what if i can’t finish the ride?
There will be two routes offered. However, assistance will be available throughout both routes & riders can stop at any time.
• Can I go biking in the morning and touring in the afternoon? Can I ride one day and tour the next?
Each day, you can bike or tour, but you can’t do both the same day.
• What’s the minimum age for being on the trip?
• How do I get to each day’s event?
We provide all transportation during Good Wheel.
• How do we get our luggage from hotel to hotel?
We transport luggage for you.
• What if I’m not coming from the airport? Will you pick me up from wherever I am?
Transportation will be offered at specific times from the airport only.