The Israel Sport Center for the Disabled is one of the world pioneers in the field of sport rehabilitation. The Center opened its gates in 1960 and specializes in the physical and psychological rehabilitation of children and youth living with disabilities. Good Wheel is a genuine and unique Israel experience which includes a 4-day 150-mile bike ride through biblical Israel, shoulder to shoulder with Israeli riders, many with disabilities. The 2020 Good Wheel Bike Ride will take place October 19 – 24, 2020 starting in Beer Sheva and ending near Eilat. All funds received for the Good Wheel ride support and improve the lives of many children living with disabilities in Israel and are recognized as donations for tax purposes to the American and UK Friends of the Israel Sport Center for the Disabled.
The Good Wheel Bike Ride will be preceded by an optional 4-day Mission to Israel celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Israel Sport Center for the Disabled, and followed by an optional weekend in Eilat. We hope everyone will join us in the wonderful event!
The 2020 Good Wheel bike ride will take place in the south of Israel with an emphasis on the Negev Desert, combining an approximate 150-mile ride over 4 days with touring opportunities through national, archaeological and tourist sites and attractions.
For partial or non-riders, full and half day tours and hikes will be offered as well as the opportunity to meet up with the riders at various points in the day (lunch, pit-stops).
$900 US through May 15, 2020
$1,150 US after May 15, 2020
Fundraising goals: Minimum fundraising goal per single rider is $3,000 US
For those traveling as a couple the minimum fundraising goal is $4,500 US
• Accommodations and meals between Monday, October 19-24, 2020
• Transfer from the Ben Gurion airport to the hotel on October 19th, and to the Eilat airport on October 24th
• Daily transfer to and from the ride, tour/hike and evening events
• Special evening activities
• Guided daily rides and/or tours/hiking October 19-23, 2020
• 2 ISCD bike jerseys per rider, or 2 ISCD t-shirts per non-rider
• ISCD water bottle
• Afternoon happy hour
• Accommodations before and after October 19-24 may be arranged for an extra fee.
• There is an additional $500 fee for single occupancy
• Prices apply to riders and non-riders
• Prices do not include bike rentals and hotel room upgrades
• The registration fee is non-refundable after May 15, 2020