The Israel Sport Center for the Disabled is one of the world pioneers in the field of sport rehabilitation. The Center opened its gates in 1960 and specializes in the physical and psychological rehabilitation of children and youth living with disabilities. Good Wheel is a genuine and unique Israel experience that includes a 5-day trip with a 4-day 150- to 200-mile long bike ride throughout biblical Israel, shoulder-to-shoulder with Israeli riders, many with disabilities. The 2020 Good Wheel Bike Ride will take place October 19 – 24, 2020 starting in the northern Negev Desert and ending near Eilat. All funds received for the Good Wheel ride support and improve the lives of many children living with disabilities in Israel and are recognized as donations for tax purposes to the American Friends of the Israel Sport Center for the Disabled.
The Good Wheel Bike Ride will be preceded by an optional 6-day Mission to Israel celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Israel Sport Center for the Disabled. We hope everyone will join us at these wonderful events.
The 2020 Good Wheel bike ride will take place in the south of Israel with an emphasis on the Negev Desert, combining an approximate 150- to 200-mile ride over 4 days with touring opportunities throughout national, archaeological and tourist sites and attractions.
For partial or non-riders, full and half-day tours and hikes will be offered as well as the opportunity to meet up with the riders at various points in the day (lunch and other breaks).
For more information about the routes, check out the Itinerary page of this website: Itinerary 2020
$950 USD through May 1, 2020
$1,250 USD after May 1, 2020
Fundraising goals: Minimum fundraising goal per single rider is $3,000 USD
For those traveling as a couple the minimum fundraising goal is $4,500 USD
• Accommodations and meals beginning Monday, October 19 and ending Saturday, October 24, 2020
• Transfer from the Ben Gurion airport to the hotel on October 19th, and to the Eilat airport on October 24th
• Daily transfer to and from the ride, tour/hike and evening events
• Special evening activities
• Guided daily rides and/or tours/hiking October 20-23, 2020
• Two 2020-anniversary ISCD bike jerseys per rider, or two 2020-anniversary ISCD t-shirts per non-rider
• ISCD water bottle
• Afternoon happy hour
• Accommodations before or after October 19-24 may be arranged for an extra fee
• There is an additional $950 USD fee for single occupancy
• Prices apply to riders and non-riders
• Prices do not include bike rentals and hotel room upgrades
• The registration fee is fully refundable through May 1, 2020
• Fundraising goals are mandatory. If a fundraising goal is not met, we will invoice the difference